The Our Lady of Grace Church of Nercón (Iglesia Nuestra Señora de Gracia de Nercón) is a Catholic Temple located in the village of Nercón, in the municipality of Castro. The town of Nercón, which in Huilliche means “Between Hills”, was an indigenous mission founded by the Jesuit during the colony, which later went under the direction of Franciscans of Ocopa.
There are records demonstrating the existence of an old chapel in the zone in 1866. The current chapel of Our Lady of Grace of Nercón was built between 1879 and 1890 with the approval of the Bishop of Castro. The predominant material in this neo Roman building was wood such as larch and cypress. It is 40 meters long, 15 meters wide, and it has a 25-meter-high tower, which makes it visible from a far distance.
In the interior of the temple pillars supporting semicircular arches can be observed, as well as a vault of the nave with a diminished arch. In addition, the church holds valuable imagery, furniture, and marbled paintings preserved until today. The Church has been restored on different occasions, thanks to the support of both public and private organizations.
It was declared National Monument in August 1999 and World Heritage by UNESCO in 2000. Its main festivities are Virgin of Grace every September 8, and Archangel Saint Michael on September 29.