The Saint John the Baptist Church of San Juan (Iglesia de San Juan Bautista de San Juan) is a Catholic temple located in the town by the same name, in the municipality of Dalcahue. The site of this town is protected by the sea and imposing hills surrounding the area. The full view of the ensemble can be appreciated from the heights of the access roads and main roads.
The church was built approximately in 1887 above the first foundational cemetery of the town and it is considered one of the temples which has most faithfully maintained its original structure. The church is built with ornamentation details such as the all-white interior with red and black decorative figures. Due to the damage suffered after the earthquake of 1960, the three arches that its portico used to have were eliminated, to be later reincorporated in the tower-façade restoration process which took place during the years 2003 and 2004.
Until today, this church and its surroundings coexist with the village through their religious devotion, reaching its highest expression during the religious and social activities performed in honor of its patron Saint John the Baptist, to which a great number of people attend from different corners of the archipelago of Chiloé.
It was declared National Monument in August 1999 and World Heritage by UNESCO in 2000. Its patron festivity is celebrated every June 24, honoring Saint John.